Our annual Knit in the Park & Anniversary party is this Sunday. Please meet at Queen’s Park (and NOT Waves). If you haven’t been out in a while, we’d love to catch up. If you’ve never visited, why not make this your first week… you’ll get to meet the lovely people from both groups. Here are the details:
Knit 1 Take 2 Second Annual Knit in the Park and Anniversary Party
Where: Queen’s Park
We will try to get a place on the east side of the band shell. Attached is a map on roughly where that will be (where the purple pin is)
If you are driving, enter Queen’s Park at 3rd Ave. Drive through the parking lot and turn left at the road after the Arena and before the field under construction.
Continue on until the road splits. Follow the road on the left.
There are 2 parking areas on the right hand side of the road, one after the other. It’s closer to park in the second one.
The band shell will be on the left hand side and so is where we will set up.
Activities: Yarn Steal
We will be doing a yarn steal. If you want to participate please bring 100 grams of yarn, wrapped. Please select a yarn you’d enjoy knitting. Pot Luck:
We will also be doing a picnic pot luck. Since this is a picnic please choose food that’s easy to serve and doesn’t need heating or refrigeration. Please bring enough food to serve 5-6 people.
To be more environmental this time, please bring a reusable plate, cup and utensils.
We will meet, rain or shine.
To recap, bring:
– Potluck item to feed 5-6 people
– Reusable plate, cup and cutlery
– Wrapped 100grams of yarn
– Something to sit on (blanket or chair)
– Probably a sweater, given this weather. Hmmmm… a chance to show off something you’ve made???
Note: the Terry Fox Run will be in the park as well. It looks like they will wrap up by noon but parking may be tough in the park. Plan extra time for parking.
We can’t wait to celebrate with you.
– The Yarn Harvest Yarn Crawl is creeping up on September 24th. This is a great value! For $5, you will be able to save 15% on your purchases at participating stores in the Lower Mainland. It looks like there are about 18 participating retailers, including New West’s Shan’s. Thank you to Susan for sending the info: http://fvkg.wordpress.com/yarn-harvest-yarn-crawl-2011/
– We are working on confirming our Vancouver location. We hope to launch in the Broadway/Cambie area within the next 2 months. Please let your friends know who might be interested in joining this group. Same stitches. Same motto. Double the fun. (well, not double the fun that New West has. Just a second location so double the number of groups…)
– Learn to Knit will start after Thanksgiving. If learning to knit has been on your to do list, you won’t want to miss this series. You could take lessons for about $100 or you could make time to come to our group and learn for free! Plus, we think you’ll have more fun. Just sayin.
Our yarn bombing project from Knit in the Park 2010